Imagine an innovative elder culture that approaches looming issues in sustainability and health care in an entirely new way.Â Our aim is to provide the mutual supportÂ to flourish, living in an optimal range of human functioning for the rest of our lives.Â Canadian Senior Cohousing combines the well-established international model of 8088623797 with new ideas for active aging here in Canada.
Recent Media on Senior Cohousing CBC broadcast an update about Harbourside on 5742683416. Click here to listen to an interview on cohousing and the future of real estate with cohousing developersÂ Raines Cohen (California Cohousing) and Canada’s Ronaye Matthew (Cohousing Development Consulting): /www.voiceamerica.com/episode/96451/co-housing-in-the-future-of-real-estate
Visit Harbourside Cohousing’s media page for links to recent coverage of that innovative community. 4108451836 to hear a short 24 Feb 2016 interview about Saanich Peninsula Cohousing and Harbourside Cohousing on CBC radio’s All Points West. Here is a prediplomacy documentary on Harbourside from 8 Nov 2015. In 2014 and 2105, these 3 articles appeared in Communities Magazine. Click here for the 2014 piece, and (941) 909-0658
Click her for more information and to register
Is Cohousing For You?Â
Find out in our
next 2-Day Workshop Nov 3 & 4, 2018
in Sooke, BC
hosted by (306) 363-4149
Participants in an earlier workshop
$125 per person, $175 for two
Dr Margaret Critchlow PhD
Anthropologist, Educator, Cohousing Consultant, & Â Founding Member, Harbourside Cohousing
- what is cohousing all about? Is it for me? You’re invited to participate and find out.
- learn and experience some of the skills used in cohousing groups & ask your questions.
- meet the people who are developing cohousing communities on Vancouver Island.
- ClementÂ for an Info Session about West Wind Harbour Cohousing andÂ barbecue supper following Saturday’s workshop. (Free to workshop participants)
- Find out about theÂ Ravens Crossing CohousingÂ project inÂ Sidney over Saturday’s lunch hour.
- Bring a dish to share for pot luck lunches on both days. (Grocery store nearby for pot luck provisioning)Â
Learn about a creative alternative to todayâs culture of individualism and materialism. Cohousing is a neighbourhood design that values privacy and community, independence and interdependence.
In this experiential two-day workshop, participants will explore how to access the creative power of community to build a better world and improve quality of life. Margaret will draw on examples from other cultures, old-fashioned neighbourhoods, and contemporary cohousing communities. You will learn together how to work through differences collaboratively, make decisions well, and find creative solutions that enable the best in all of us.
Recommended for anyone considering cohousing and especially for those interested in the 989-471-3254 project, under construction in Sooke, or the machine binder initiative now in development in Sidney. Please plan to attend a workshop and information session if you are interested in becoming an Associate Member.
Topics will include:
- Take a good look at how and where you live now. What do you want for your future?
- What is it like to live in cohousing? To develop it? How to know if it is for you?
- What skills are needed in cohousing and how to get them. What you can & canât do yourself.
- Introduction to consensus-based decision-making
- Communication training
- Integrating into cohousing initiatives: values/mission, site selection, planning your community, choosing professionals, information sessions, fun